Wednesday, 1 May 2013
The Essential Hay Fever Kit - Surviving Hay Fever Season
Spring/Summer is usually agony for me, as although we can enjoy warmer temperatures and the sun shining..for those of us who suffer from hay fever it also means looking forward to itchy + watery eyes,an itchy throat, constant sneezing and puffy sore eyes by the end of the day.
I have put together my essential ultimate hay fever kit. The products I need to see me through hay fever/pollen season.
1. Wrap Around Sunglasses - I may have enormous bug eyes wearing these but big glasses help immensely to keep the pesky pollen away from my eyes
2. Optrex Actimist Eye Spray for Itchy Watery Eyes - New for this year, this spray works wonders for providing instant relief from itchy eyes. A must have.
3. Prevalin Allergy Nasal Spray - My favourite hay fever relief product and it is steroid free and non drowsy. This usually does the trick unless the pollen count is really, really high.
4. Antihistamine Tablets - I take a tablet but these are just used in an emergency now as the Prevalin is good.
5. A Waterproof Mascara - I love to wear mascara as it really opens my eyes therefore a waterproof mascara is an essential on the Summer months. I have just bought L'Oreal False Lash Architect Waterproof.
6. Individual Packs Of Tissues - A handbag must whatever the season if I am honest - I get through tissues in abundance.
7. A Cooling Eye Mask - Sometimes hay fever can really affect me. I rub my eyes too much and they start to hurt and feel sore and dry. Those who suffer will know exactly what I mean..we even can get a gel like film over the eyes (really not good!). When my eyes feel like this I like to have some time out and just rest them, I pop on a mask (refrigerated for extra cooling benefits) and lie back and relax. This soothing gel mask is an absolute bargain from Superdrug
Would you add anything to this list?